Monday, November 15, 2010

Idrisa T Mansaray wants to rent the apt

I am recently in charge of a 4-plex and we have an opening in one of the apartments that we need to get field.  I advertised on Craigslist and some other places and for ever REAL person inquiring about the apartment there are at least 3 Scam artist. My favorite is this person, who is being relocated from London to USA for his job. He wants me to cash a 6,000 dollar check for him, keep part of it and forward the rest of the $$.  Too bad I wasn't born yesterday or i would jump right now this. HA!  


Here is the post for your reading pleasure..




Hello,
   Hope this message finds you well, thanks for the details on the Property. I am satisfied and would like to go ahead with the renting process.. I like to rent the property for one year starting from available move-in date, because i have just been relocated from my office in London to start up a local branch office in your town which as been a great achievement for me.

Once again my name is Idrisa T Mansaray, a British citizen,I work in UNITED KINGDOM i am a Christian reserved in Nature, non-smoker also i don't keep pets. Am presently in Manchester and i will resume directly to my new work location which is USA.
 
I would like to secure the property so that I can attend to other important things.I like to pay in advance for the first month rent and deposit with a U.S Bank check ASAP. So they would be sending you a cashier's check of $6,800 (which is a relocation grant from my employer and i have decided to use it for the deposit of interior decoration and getting furnitures for the place).

You will then have to deduct an initial deposit of $1,150(which is the move in cost) and then forward the lump sum on the check to the interior decorator(who will be responsible for shipping of furnitures, electrical appliances and other personal luggages).

Kindly get back to me with the under listed information in order to proceed with the payment:

1.Name you want on the check,
2.Full contact address, city, state and zip code to send the payment to,
3.Phone number to reach .
4.Your nearest airport..........................

P.S: Here is my phone number  in Manchester: Phone # +447024091610.   All Lease/Applications would be signed as soon as i arrive in the States.

Below is my present landlords information for reference :
Name:Deborah Woodgate
Same Address35 Ynys Wen Booth House, Felinfoel Llanelli SA14 8BE
Email:Debbywood36@yahoo.com

Employment Verification:
TOP CONSULTANTS LTD)
The company's web site is under construction for update and it will be unveiled on 5th of Jan
2011.
James Hope
Cell 1: +447045775227
hancockcrystal@yahoo.com

 
Cheers.

9 comments:

elesa said...

The scam artists are definitely getting better. They sound much more believable than they used to. He included references! You could be missing out on a great tenant!

Maleina said...

that is too funny! You know our little town is quite the growing metropolis he could be legit. Even though it is signed with a different name then he gives in the beginning! But for real we should get Emma and Lyndon to move in.

Nava_jo said...

Emma and Lyndon SHOULD MOVE IN. But they would need a car to get to work and stuff. Hmm, So I say YOU buy them a car, and I'll provide a place in Spanish Fork to live. cool? Cool

Nakki said...

Sad but they totally work! An old roommate fell for it and ended up in trouble with bank and her land lord (including getting evicted...) there's hardly ever an easy way out people!

WSJ said...

I just googled this number since I got a broken-English email message from "Barbara Brommer" on a place I have listed on Craigslist in SWFL. You would think these idiots would change numbers more frequently.

JParker said...

I just got an offer to rent from the Barbara Brommer character. "She" wants to send me a check for $6000 more than the 1st months rent, and I'm supposed to give the extra to her "decorators" so the house would be ready when she arrives from the UK. I was a little suspect so I googled her name and found this. When I googled the phone number she gave me, I found it was a redirect number, meaning it looks like a UK number but originates from another country.

Sue said...

Thank-you for posting about the rental scam. I have an add on craigs list for a rental, googled the phone number given to me and this came up. The person is using a different name now. Thanks again. Sue

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sarsi said...

Thank you for posting your experience. I too received a reply from someone using this number but a different name. Same conditions and requests. Always nice to see the good guys looking out for one another, good luck and thanks again.

Related Posts with Thumbnails