Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Elk Whisperer

Today we had Stake Conference, our Stake is 45 min. away from were we live. Since, we were already far from home, we decided to do some exploring.  The  Hualaupi Mountains aren't far from the Stake Center so we thought that would be a great place to check out.

Plus, they had some snow up there. I don't mind being a desert girl in the winter, but I have missed snow.

     Once we got there Yo'sea had fallen asleep during the drive, so Joseph and I played in the snow for a bit. We made a little Snowman,  snowballs, and enjoyed the chill in the air.
    We had a nice little drive around the park, and saw some wildlife.
A few squirrels, people were feeding some deer, and then out of no where we stumble across this Cow Elk. I had forgotten how big  Elk can be.  We stopped the car, to get  a better look.  I decided to try out my Elk Whispering skills, and I held out a handful of seeds and told the Elk to come on in and get some grub. To my surprise she did!     So there I sat, in the car, with the Elk just eating out of my hands. Wow! Who, knew I had such Elk Whispering powers. Ha, ha!

 Yo'sea actually woke up, and we were eager to let her see the Elk. She loves animals. Yo'sea grabbed some seeds from my hand, and went to feed the Elk. In the proccess she got her   hand nibbled on. The elk didn't hurt her, but she scared yo'sea big time. You should of heard her cry (video on Joseph's Facebook) I guess my Elk Whispering genes didn't pass on to her. HA!

Anyway, it was nice to be out in the mountians, I loved the crips air, the snow, animals, and family time.

Sunday Drives are the best!

2 comments:

elesa said...

Wow. Nice whispering skills!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts with Thumbnails