Tuesday, January 26, 2010

2009 Year in Review

So my wonderful cousin Dezi , did a review on her Blog. It was fun to read, how her year went. Plus, like her I think it will end up being a great way to compare years to come. So, here I go..


January- We had our first family outing on New years Day. We went out to the Grand Canyon to see snow. Also, Yo'sea was blessed that first Sunday.

February- Enjoyed going to the Grand Canyon Sky Walk for FREE. Had some cousins spend the day with us. Yo'sea got her first Helicopter ride.

March- Joseph had some work meetings in Utah, so we tagged along, and visited my family. We also had Yo'sea's laugh party while we were up there. She laughed earlier in the month. By now she was cooing and smiling at people. Since, this was our first family road trip, we decided to take the long way home, and stopped at Bryce Canyon and Zions. Fun times.

April- After our visit to Utah. Yo'sea got a bad cold, which ended up in her lungs and she was in the hospital for three days. Scared us alive. But, she ended up being just fine. We, also took a road trip to CA to visit my sister and Joseph's sister.

May- We hit up Joshua Tree national forest with Naco, and Leni. This was our first family camping trip. Then at the end of the month we traveled to Willows Springs on the REZ for our family Reunion. For more camping and tons of family fun!

June- Joseph's sister Regina got married in San Fransico. Yo'sea did great on the road trip, she was such a cutie in her dress we got her for the wedding, and Grandpa Mark even took her, to her first amusement park. Also, we took her to the ocean for the first time, and she got to go to a petting zoo, where a goat bit her finger. Fun packed month.

July- Headed to Utah for the 4th of July. I started making Yo'sea's baby food on my own. It was actually fun, and easy.

August- Yo'sea and I visited Utah on our own, for a week and half with out Dad. It was bitter sweet, it was nice to get out of the AZ extremely hot weather. But, we missed Joseph. :( What can I say, Joseph has wimpy girls. Also, Rachel and Rocky came to visit we took them up to Oatman to feed the donkeys!

September- I think we actually stayed home. I know Yo'sea got her first balloon, and it became her first word, after MOM & Dad. Every since her Dad buys her a balloon, ever couple of weeks. Can you say, "SPOILED"


October- We got SEALED as a family for "Time and all Eternity". No more, "Death till you part" for us. Such a great day. For Halloween, Yo'sea dressed up as a Ballerina, and Joseph was Jedi on Dark side.

November- We traveled to the Bay area for Thanksgiving with Grandpa Mark, Joseph's Mom and sisters. Yo'sea also started walking this month. I've been chasing her ever since. :)



December- Yo'sea turned one, Uncle Jacob got home from his Mission, Joseph went snowboarding for the first time, we spent Christmas in Castle Dale with my ENTIRE FAMILY. What a blessing.

Looking back on the year, I can see that Joseph was true to his word, when he told me before we got married that he likes to travel alot. He sure does, but at least our travels to were to see family. I feel very blessed to have such great family influence this year, and I love how Yo'sea has become the center of our lives. I can't wait to see how Baby number two effects our family. I can only imagine more excitement, and more love. :)

7 comments:

Melissa P said...

I like your idea. It sounds like a busy year. I don't even know if I could remember my whole year. That is so neat you guys were able to become a forever family this year too.

Maleina said...

her first helicopter ride, does that mean she is going to have many? When is baby #2 coming? I'll stop asking questions and just say your family is beautiful and I hope this year is as blessed as last :)

Nakki said...

Thanks Dezi...I'm stealing this idea right now... OK, maybe not "right now" but I'll start working on it! I'll consider myself "tagged."

elesa said...

Wow, you guys DO travel a lot. And it sounds so fun! I think I need to do a year in review like this. It is so fun to look back.

Dezi & Brock said...

Wow, you guys were super busy this year! You were all over the place! I was so happpy that you came to our wedding, seriously it was cool of you guys! It sounds like this year will be similar, haven't you already been to Phoenix?? And Naco, you're so tagged. Do it!

Cathy Duffy said...

wow. what a year! you guys are such a CUTE family!! Miss you

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts with Thumbnails